We'd love to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to respond to the questions below. We're seeking feedback on the usefulness of the entire research guide, not just this page.
Welcome to Waggoner Library’s Literature Research Guide!
Use this guide to:
- Find specialized literary references
- Find books, in print and eBooks
- Find scholarly journal articles
- Find reliable, relevant Internet resources
- Citation tools
Explore the tabs above, and please ask for help whenever you need it.
Catalog Search Box
Literature Resources in Waggoner Library
Waggoner Library has an extensive collection of literature resources. You are able to find literature criticisms, critical essays, original works, scholarly journal ariticles, biographies and writing timelines as well as media resources. Our resources represent all genres, nationalities, and many ethnicities and are accessible in several formats - print books and eBooks; specialized databases accessing scholarly journals and reference sources in print and online as well as reliable Internet sites.
Many print reference books are also part of online collections such as the Literature Resource Center. The OPAC has links to online resources as well as call numbers for print resources. Some print reference titles that may be helpful include:
- Cyclopedia of World Authors Ref PN 451 .M36
- Literature Criticism from 1400 to 1800 Ref. PN 86 .L53
- European Authors, 1000-1900 Ref PN 451 .K8
- Masterplots II: American Fiction Series Ref PN 846 .M37
- Granger's Index to Poetry (7th edition) Ref PN 1022 .G7
- Hispanic Literature Criticism Ref PQ 7081 .A1 H573
- American Women Writers Ref PS 147 .A42
- African American Writers Ref PS 153 .N5 A344
- Twentieth Century Sci Fiction Writers Ref PS 374 .S35 T89
Reference sources provide background information, an overview of a topic, specialized vocabulary and terminology, and critical concepts. The Library has reference materials both online and in print.
Want more information?