Do you already have a Flow account? Login here!
Creating your own Flow account
After you start the video, click the TV screen icon, bottom right side, to expand to full screen. [3min 08sec]
Are you a NEW Flow Users? Begin here!
- If you are currently off campus reading this, follow these directions:
- Click here to sign up and create your Flow account.
- An invitation access code will be needed to authenticate you are a Trevecca user.
Contact Waggoner library at 615-248-1570 or firstname.lastname@example.org for this access code.
- An alternative method that does not require the invitation access code would be to:
Register through the internet browsers within the Trevecca Network via Citrix to provide authentication without the invitation access code. Use your computer or laptop to access Citirix. The iPad app, Citrix Receiver, is not reliable for this process.
If you are currently on campus reading this, follow these directions:
Click here to sign up and create your Flow account.
Follow the prompts to create your account and begin using Flow.
Re: Internet browsers
The Favorites bar [IE] or Bookmarks bar [Firefox] need to be viewable to take full advantage of Flow's features.
Re: Getting your existing references into Flow
If you are an EndNote, RefWorks, Zotero, ReadCube, Papers or Mendeley user, you can import existing resources from there into Flow. Details on how import from other services can be found here
FLOW - Your personal research library!
Flow, is an online research/citation management tool that allows you to collect, store, and manage information into your own personal research library. You may want to print this page for future reference.
Some features of Flow:
- The "Save to Flow" button captures metadata and full text from major databases and websites creating your own database of references and full text. Note: Currently a limited number of databases utilize the 'Save to Flow' feature. ProQuest and JSTOR are the two platforms Waggoner Library subscribes to that will 'Save to Flow'. More will be added during the migration this year.
- Upload PDF format articles saved on your computer into Flow. Flow will automatically enter as much citation information for those documents into your Flow library as can be detected.
- Export references from article databases and Websites.
- Use Flow's built-in reader to peruse, highlight, and annotate your documents right in the browser window.
- Create draft bibliographies in your choice of citation style that can be edited in Word.
- Flow automatically detects your duplicate references and helps clean them up.
- Sync your Flow library with your Dropbox account.
- Still using Mendeley, Zotero, RefWorks or another reference manager? Flow imports existing libraries and full text documents with just a couple of clicks. Details on how import from other services can be found here.
All current Flow users log in here!
You'll know if this is you because a blocking page will appear that will warn you about the problem with the certificate when you click the link to login to Flow. You can click the option, 'Continue to this website (not recommended)' on the certificate error blocking page to go to the website. After you do this, Internet Explorer will remember the certificate while you have your browser open which means you can return to the site without receiving another warning for that certificate until Internet Explorer is restarted. Contact the library if you have questions. [8.7.2014]
Important! At this time new accounts must be created using a computer or laptop. Mobile devices such as an iPad or smartphones do not support new account creation at this time. Once your account is created you will be able to log into Flow and take advantage of its features using your mobile device. There is no app to install, instead you would access Waggoner library through Safari or the internet browser on your mobile device.
What is Flow? Get started with Flow!
A short ProQuest video about Flow features. (2 min 57 sec)
Q. I can't see my bibliography once I've created it in Flow.
A. Open your Internet browser's settings. Then go to the 'Security settings tab' and be sure that pop-ups are not blocked.