Welcome to Waggoner Library’s Guide to Counseling Resources
Use this guide to:
- Find specialized counseling & psychology reference sources
- Find books, in print and eBooks
- Find scholarly journal articles
- Find reliable, relevant Internet resources
- Citation tools
Explore the tabs above, and please ask for help whenever you need it.
Catalog Search Box
Psychology & Counseling Resources in Waggoner Library
Waggoner Library has a strong collection of counseling & psychology resources. Our resources are accessible in several formats - print books and eBooks; specialized databases accessing scholarly journals and reference sources in print and online as well as reliable Internet sites.
Some reference books are part of online collections such as Gale Virtual Reference. The OPAC has links to online resources as well as call numbers for print resources. Some print reference titles that may be helpful include:
- APA dictionary of psychology Ref. BF 31 .V295
- Dictionary of pastoral care & counseling Ref. BV 4011.3 .D43
- Encyclopedia of psychology & counseling Ref. BF 31 .B25
- Dictionary of counseling Ref. BF 637.C6 B444
- Encyclopedia of applied psychology Ref. BF636 .E52
- Encyclopedia of psychology Ref. BF 31 .E5
- Fifty key thinkers in psychology Ref. BF 109 .A1 S49
- Pioneers in counseling & development Ref. BF 637.C6 P55
Reference sources provide background information, an overview of a topic, specialized vocabulary and terminology, and critical concepts. The Library has reference materials both online and in print.
Want more information?